Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Our new neighbors

So today (Tuesday) is national neighbor night out.  It is when the community gets together for a night out to meet and have a good time.  Our new neighborhood did this.  So we went to a block party.  This is the first block party I have ever been to.  I lived on the wrong street growing up and never got to go to the block party on the street behind me and our block was a busy thoroughfare so we didn't have them.  Anyway, it was really cool.  We met most of our neighbors and found that they all know and like and care about each other.  It makes me really excited to get into our home and get to know everyone better.
I have always loved neighborhoods with sidewalks and kids playing outside and people chatting over the fences.  So this is a great chance to get involved.  We are actually the last lot to build in this particular neighborhood.


They also had a community party with the police and other local sponsers at the Maple Grove community center.  Adrianna was able to dunk a policeman on her first of three tries.  That was pretty cool.  She has a good arm. We learned a lot about what the community has to offer.  Any information is good.
Adri got to ride home from the block party with her dad on the motorcycle.  It makes me a little nervous, but she thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Josh got to take a ride in the parking lot and said that he didn't go fast enough.  Go figure!
I am so proud of Joshua today.  He has hated to have his hair cut ever since he was a baby.  So I have been doing it because most hairdressers refuse.  Today I took him to KID HAIR.  It is a place designed specifically for kids.  He watched Nemo and Cars and this young lady did such a terrific job.  I was so impressed with her.  His hair has never looked better and I truly mean that.  He looks great.
Amanda is doing baptisms for the dead tonight.  What would be do without the church to keep us busy and happy.  It is a blessing to have ward families.
Well, I shall say good night.  Who knows what will happen next.

2 comments:

  1. So glad! What a fun party! Any neighborhood that lets you dunk a policeman and provides balloon animals has got to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I went to your FB page to see if you posted news about your move and found your blog post. We are so happy to read that your house sold here in WI and to read about your transition to MN. We went for a bike ride to Wales this weekend, and I told John the last time I did that was with you. Wishing you guys the best and sounds like u will find great trails in MN soon!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete