Well, Amanda has finally made it to the driving scene. In MN she can get her learners permit at 15 years old. So she is enrolled in Drivers Education. It is weird to think that she will be driving on the road soon. Now we have the joy of paying car insurance for someone who is younger than 25. What a an expensive endeavor.
She also started Tennis today. I was worried when I dropped her off and she wanted me to walk up to the courts with her. It is hard leaving your daughter in a group of people where she knows no one. I just said a prayer as I drove away. But she came home very positive about the whole thing. It should be nice to meet some friends before school even starts. I hope it will make the first day easier on her.
I think it is nice to have a schedule and something to do. For the next two weeks she has tennis from 11:00 to 1:00 and then Drivers ed from 1:00 to 4:00.
This week she is making cupcakes for a YW/YM pool party and meeting at a friends home on Friday to get ready for a multi-stake dance.
This parenting gig just never gets easier does it? I hope Amanda makes tons of friends fast! For both your sakes! I cannot believe she will be driving! Wasn't that just us learning to drive? Crazy!
ReplyDelete